A Story From My Life

My family has done a lot of work in the field of education under the guidance of my late grandfather. Some 30 years ago, he designed the plan of a school to be built in our native town.

That building used to conduct classes for boys till 10th. Now it conducts classes only upto 8th. In January 2012, after my grandfather’s demise, the school authorities called on us.

They wished to conduct classes till 12th in the same compound. In February 2012, the work started and the new building was inaugurated on 31st March 2013. In the inauguration ceremony, I made a speech invoking the memory of my grandfather.

The school was named in memory of my grandfather. By the month of May all the classes were operational. In the construction of this building, my father gave a lot of time and energy, but, a sterner test was yet to come.

In the year 2015, the school authorities came to us with a plan to make a school for girls till 12th operational in a time of 2 years. This time the construction of the school was our complete responsibility. Work was commenced in March 2016. Initially till the end of the monsoon work was going on with a gradual pace.

Till the first year was over, one floor and the terrace were pending. The day for inauguration was 25th June 2017 on which only the classes on the ground floor were ready for use. I was always left fuming by my grandmother’s questioning my father about the money spent on the construction of the school.

I feel that in noble causes, no one should ever crib about the amount of money being used. My father never asked for her help in taking decisions regarding the construction.

He made frequent trips to look at the progress of work, returning home the very next day, keeping constant contact with the contractor on site.

Daddy’s first priority was ensuring that work finished on time. He could’ve let the work go on at a slow pace, while taking care of me, my teeny twin brothers and my mother. I’m very proud of my father giving his precious time to this noble cause.

In the inauguration, my grandmother got lavish praise. But, no one from our own family uttered a word in praise of my father’s efforts. Even when visiting us at home, they never show affection for my father,they’re too busy gossiping with my grandmother.

Also, whenever it comes to making business decisions, both my father and grandmother argue quite a bit.This underappreciation of my father has always hurt me. This was my sole reason for not making a speech on the inauguration.

Comments

Most Read

Troubled Teens

Magical Rain

People In Your Life

Wait For Me Bro!

Changing People

The Road To A Happy Life

MY AMBITION

LEADERS

Dreams & Goals

Giving Up On Myself